I must say that I've observed the same tendency in xeno.

 He has often asked me (in a rather pointed way) to define some terms I use, to
which I happily oblige his request.

 But when I make the same request of him, the response goes silent.

 What I have done, is just to lower the expectations I have of my interactions
with Xeno.

 It is a shame really, but I think it is the price one pays if one wants to
keep up a dialog.

 I would say it reduces that dialog to not much of anything, but at least I
have some kind of iron in the fire, even if that iron never gets very hot.  (-:

 I note that while you frequently demand that other people define their terms,
you have not been willing to define "stupidest" (and now "smartest") that
you've been harping on recently. Why would that be, I wonder?

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <anartaxius@...> wrote :

 I was not around today, but we want to keep FFL. My suggestion was only at the
potential heels of despotic moderation of FFL. Those who dislike this site as
it is now could think of going over to The Peak, as it was expressly created to
avoid this place as it is now. People stay here because it is more
intellectually stimulating, in spite of the fact there is one person here that
is stupider than all the others. The 'stupidest person' here is really a
symbol, like that of the 'unknown soldier', it expresses a principle, not a
personality. There is also the smartest person here, but he/she has not posted
in a while, and it's not me, it's not Barry, it's not Judy, and it certainly
was not Robin. Perhaps that is a figment of my imagination, but someone in a
group is always the brightest star in the heavens.