On the news this morning, the Trump campaign said they paid for the rights to
use the song. Song writers are not usually involved in rights negotiations
directly. For example an acquaintance of mine paid about $500 to use four lines
of one of Paul Simon's songs in a book. Simon was not involved at all, it was
just a standard fee for a particular use, handled by his company. Be
interesting to see how this will pan out.

 Neil Young: Donald Trump wasn't authorized to use my song
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/06/17/neil-young-donald-trump-wasnt-authorized-to-use-my-song/

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/06/17/neil-young-donald-trump-wasnt-authorized-to-use-my-song/

 Neil Young: Donald Trump wasn't authorized to use my...
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/06/17/neil-young-donald-trump-wasnt-authorized-to-use-my-song/
 Neil Young isn't happy too with Donald Trump.

 View on www.foxnews.com
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/06/17/neil-young-donald-trump-wasnt-authorized-to-use-my-song/
 Preview by Yahoo