Perhaps we never have a vote here, this is Rick's place. But it is clear there
is divided opinion on this issue. So geezerfreak posts once a month or so. When
people vote in an election, some are involved in politics all year round, and
then vote for whom they like, while others pay no attention to politics at all,
and then just the same, vote for the one whom they like best, or against the
one they hate the worst as the case may be. Under the system, they both have
the same right to vote.

 We do not have a vote here, but we do have preferences and we are expressing
them. And this is precisely the issue at hand, whether we can speak our minds
freely, or have our speech suppressed by would be manipulators, who would
prefer we only think their kind of thoughts and ideas. When your ideas are not
challenged mightily, you brain dries up like old pudding sitting on a shelf.
People like Turq cannot manipulate you if you simply ignore what they say. You
have a choice not to interact. If you cannot deal with it, but nonetheless read
it, and complain, it means you are complicit, a partner in crime, if you so
characterise what someone is saying.

 says the one post a month, twelve posts a year, guy

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <geezerfreak@...> wrote :

 Alex:  Regardless of how folks feel about Turq, moderation should be carried
out transparently, and not in a secret, undefined manner. So far, this
experiment with Doug as moderator is starting to remind me of when Rick put an
Amma fanatic in charge of moderating the Amma free speech group, with the end
result being the loss of free speech and the creation of the Amma Real Free
Speech group.

 Me: 100% agree Alex. I looked in late last week as part of my
once-every-few-months look and was appalled to see what is going on. Turq was
ALWAYS an interesting and entertaining poster, only rivaled by Curtis IMO. And
now this guy Buck/Doug is running roughshod on the group deciding who is 'on
program' and who is not? Fuck that, that is EXACTLY the kind of TMO bullshit
that drove me from the organization in the first place.

 Rick, you once told me that Doug was "really a great guy" when I complained
about his Buck persona to you privately years ago. I'm not in a position to
know what kind of guy he is, great or otherwise, but he is so clearly a fucking
joke of a moderator. Seriously, Rick are you kidding me? Unless you yourself
have gone insane I refuse to believe you think Doug is the man for this job.
Say it ain't so Rick!