I'd still like the moderation process to be a bit more transparent, but if Doug
and Rick discussed the Turq situation, then for me, the issue is settled.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <geezerfr...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 Alex:  Regardless of how folks feel about Turq, moderation should be carried
out transparently, and not in a secret, undefined manner. So far, this
experiment with Doug as moderator is starting to remind me of when Rick put an
Amma fanatic in charge of moderating the Amma free speech group, with the end
result being the loss of free speech and the creation of the Amma Real Free
Speech group.

 Me: 100% agree Alex. I looked in late last week as part of my
once-every-few-months look and was appalled to see what is going on. Turq was
ALWAYS an interesting and entertaining poster, only rivaled by Curtis IMO. And
now this guy Buck/Doug is running roughshod on the group deciding who is 'on
program' and who is not? Fuck that, that is EXACTLY the kind of TMO bullshit
that drove me from the organization in the first place.

 Rick, you once told me that Doug was "really a great guy" when I complained
about his Buck persona to you privately years ago. I'm not in a position to
know what kind of guy he is, great or otherwise, but he is so clearly a fucking
joke of a moderator. Seriously, Rick are you kidding me? Unless you yourself
have gone insane I refuse to believe you think Doug is the man for this job.
Say it ain't so Rick!