 You see? Ignorance and bigotry aren't limited to race but can also be
geographical in nature.

 Absolutely, that's part of what I'm sayin' and I'm guilty of it.

 From: "awoelflebater@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2015 8:29 AM
 Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: The south aint gonna rise again...

 Scapegoating?  Yes, remove that flag.  Removing it now is an important act in
the play of a large Dharma. Removing that flag is part and parcel of a public
education in transcendent and inalienable rights in our long culture of equal
rights for everyone in equal protection under communal law. That the rebel flag
would be accepted and flown above in any public space of our governance along
with our larger symbols of national and state flag shows a profound failure of
some public leadership and education in greater public process and values. It
is time to remove that old battle flag of ignorance from our public spaces of
governance.

 I have to agree that the Confederate flag is pretty symbolic of ignorance and
backwater mentality, at least to those who don't choose to display the thing.
The South has enough trouble being taken seriously and the stereotypes abound
with regard to the American southern states, including with me. At least the
Yanks pretend to be more forward thinking and progressive, not living in the
past romanticizing the time when the rebels fought valiantly for their right to
slavery and God knows what other aberrational practices. I wonder how many
Confederate flag waving Southerners would choose to secede from the Union.

 Let's scapegoat the flag. Someone kills loads of people and likes the flag so
the flag has to go. I guess that makes a certain twisted sense. And I thought
the southerners had rehabilitated themselves by claiming slavery was going to
be abolished anyway? That's Hollywood for you.

 I hope I'm still allowed to enjoy the Dukes of Hazzard...

 South Carolina governor calls for removal of Confederate flag from statehouse
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/22/confederate-flag-south-carolina-charleston

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/22/confederate-flag-south-carolina-charleston

 South Carolina governor calls for removal of Confederate...
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/22/confederate-flag-south-carolina-charleston
 Governor Nikki Haley makes abrupt about-face in wake of Charleston killings to
call for removal of flag that has flown on statehouse grounds for 50 years

 View on www.theguardian.com
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/22/confederate-flag-south-carolina-charleston
 Preview by Yahoo