Ultrarishi writes:(Snipped)
Codependents and Adult Children of Alcoholics, and the like, are very
common on the elightenment circuit and embrace consciousness raising
practices wholeheartedly.  However, unlike more healthy people,
meditation and the like, become short cuts to dealing with are own
pain and issues.  We know we want to evolve, but we don't know who we
are.  Because of the abuse we've experience in growing up we are in
denial about the desires and emotions we think we want to transcend.

Tom T:
Those in the movement get really good at step 11. Sought through
prayer and meditation to etc,
The basic pproblem is that ultimately you have to do all 12 steps. You
can not transcend away all that stuff we have inside. If you don't do
it then it gets done.
Step 1 I am not in control of you fill in the word blank. If you tilt
that about 90 degrees you end up with I am not the doer. One can
suddenly discover they are not the doer and they never had the I they
thought they did. Very disconcerting to stumble on to that baby.
Bottom line, own your stuff take it back into the wholeness you
already are and discover joy and freedom. Tom T