The SF Bay Area has a lot of Iranian emigrants because the latitude and hence weather is more like Tehran. The ones I met were either Christians or into things that Islam didn't approve of. Sad thing was that Iran just wanted their country back after the CIA installed the Shah not a Islamic government.

On 09/03/2015 12:14 PM, jr_...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

MD,

If the US should take any more migrants from Europe, the government should settle them in cities/states with dwindling population or low population such as Detroit MI, Oakland CA, New Orleans LA, Wyoming, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah and others.

But would Trump and other Republican candidates make a public spectacle out of it?

I've noticed over the past several months, from numerous sources over the internet, that the US has been settling a lot of refugees from that region, not necessarily Syria. It's been done very quietly. Places like Florida, Texas and Montana have been mentioned. Seems like others as well. The UN has been responsible for the arm twisting to take them. One article that I saw, just a few days ago, said the US is taking a very high percentage of those seeking resettlement. Sorry I can't provide sources, just keep your eyes open, they pop up all the time.

*From:* "jr_esq@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
*To:* FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
*Sent:* Thursday, September 3, 2015 11:40 AM
*Subject:* [FairfieldLife] Migrants in Hungary

There's a problem over there. Many of them are displaced due to the war in Syria. The UN should step in to help them settle safely--perhaps anywhere in Europe.

With the current foreign sentiment in the US, it's not likely any of these migrants will be settled here.

Migrants in Hungary <http://news.yahoo.com/photos/migrants-in-hungary-1441289646-slideshow/migrants-in-hungary-photo-1441287813567.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma>

image <http://news.yahoo.com/photos/migrants-in-hungary-1441289646-slideshow/migrants-in-hungary-photo-1441287813567.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma>

Migrants in Hungary <http://news.yahoo.com/photos/migrants-in-hungary-1441289646-slideshow/migrants-in-hungary-photo-1441287813567.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma> View the Migrants in Hungary photo gallery on Yahoo News. Find more news related pictures in our photo gal! leries.

View on news.yahoo.com <http://news.yahoo.com/photos/migrants-in-hungary-1441289646-slideshow/migrants-in-hungary-photo-1441287813567.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma>

Preview by ! Yahoo

  • [FairfieldLife] Migrants ... jr_...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • Re: [FairfieldLife] ... Mike Dixon mdixon.6...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]