MD,

 The kid was playing a joke on the school system and the cops as a form of
protest, which appears to fit his passive-aggressive personality (as stated by
one cop).   This caught Obama's attention since he himself was harassed and
suspected of wrong-doing in his youth for being black.  This incident is
similar to a "DWB" (driving while black) case that is fairly common in big
cities in the USA.

 The kid's case could be considered SWM (studying while Muslim).

 I just took the whole story as being a typical zero tolerance  in school
situation. Over the years there have been numerous kids expelled or suspended
for drawing guns or one 6 year old that ate his pop tart into the shape of a
gun and pointed it at someone.Kid was kicked out or received suspension and the
parents are still fighting it., trying to get it expunged from his school
record. However, there are several stories out there giving a different side to
the clock/bomb.story. Seems his dad is an activist Muslim, maybe with CAIR, not
sure. Could have been a set up for a suit.The box looked much more suspicious
than a pop tart. In one video of the kid explaining what happened, at the 1:26
point in the video he says,I used a zip tie to close it so it wouldn't look
dangerous or threatening. Kind of a subtle admission that it did or could. I
think the handcuffs were a bit over- doing it. But the teacher did the absolute
right thing to take it and the kid to the office and report it. I rarely agree
with Bil Maher on anything but he was absolutely right on this. Draw a gun and
get suspended, bring a box that has the appearance of a bomb and get invited to
the WH.