Dawkins also stated that originally he had been “among the many fooled” by the
clock-boy's story.

 I wonder how long it will take him to realise that he was “among the many
fooled” initially by the story of scientific materialism and naturalism as an
adequate account of our universe  ;-)

 While I think Dawkins is off the mark here, I would love it if the kid
actually did punk the whole media world, the school, his parents and the cops.

However, as Hanlon's Razor says "Never attribute to malice that which is
adequately explained by stupidity (or innocence)."