The NYTimes just put up a story on this. Excerpt:

 In an interview with The New York Times on Friday, Mr. Carson said: “I don’t
remember all the specific details. Because I had done so extraordinarily well
you know I was told that someone like me – they could get a scholarship to West
Point. But I made it clear I was going to pursue a career in medicine.”

 “It was, you know, an informal ‘with a record like yours we could easily get
you a scholarship to West Point.'”

 Mr. Carson has recounted the episode of being offered a scholarship at various
points in telling his triumphant personal story. (Technically, West Point does
not offer scholarships; it is free to attend.)

 In his recent book, “You Have a Brain,” Mr. Carson described how he decided
which college to attend: “I still had the scholarship offer from West Point as
a result of my R.O.T.C. achievements.”

 More recently, in a Facebook post in August responding to a question, he wrote
that he had been “thrilled to get an offer from West Point.”

 Really does not look very good for Carson.

 Then there's his kerfuffle with CNN a few days ago. CNN sent reporters to
attempt to verify the claims in Carson's autobiography about his violence as a
teen (prior to getting religion) by talking to his school friends and couldn't
find anybody who remembered him as being violent. He was asked about this in a
CNN interview and blew his top, accusing CNN of lying:

 Ben Carson on questions about his past: 'Bunch of lies' - CNNPolitics.com
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/06/politics/ben-carson-responds-violent-past-new-day/

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/06/politics/ben-carson-responds-violent-past-new-day/

 Ben Carson on questions about his past: 'Bunch of li...
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/06/politics/ben-carson-responds-violent-past-new-day/
 Ben Carson slammed CNN's reporting into his past as a "bunch of lies" in a
combative interview on Friday while other media outlets focused on port...

 View on www.cnn.com
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/06/politics/ben-carson-responds-violent-past-new-day/

 Preview by Yahoo

 In this story, CNN does give a somewhat more lenient version of the West Point
incident, as if they're trying to get back on Carson's good side.

  • [FairfieldLife] Does Ben ... jr_...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • Re: [FairfieldLife] ... Mike Dixon mdixon.6...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: [FairfieldLi... authfri...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: [FairfieldLi... authfri...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]