Re "in Western culture there’s a common experience of self-judgment and
self-hatred that will arise for people when they’re doing spiritual practice—an
unworthiness that will arise":

 That wouldn't be my problem!
 Sounds like a version of that self-loathing that infects those attracted to
various brands of political correctness.

Chogyam Trungpa commented upon this after studying Western psychology at
Oxford. He pointed out the insidious nature of the underlying metaview of human
nature in EuroAmerican culture.

He called it the broken vase prototype ... i.e. our common human nature renders
us essentially flawed as persons. That means we view ourselves as transgressive
by our nature rather than by our enactment of particular acts.

Over the years, I have found this divide between these fundamental views
reinforced by representatives of our particular cultures and lineages.

Read it and sleep or read it and weep.

 BTW, you never deigned to answer:
 How do you know you are not enlightened?
 How could you possibly know?