 Again, it does strike me as weird this preoccupation of some with how other
people spend their money.

 It is their money after all, and most people enjoy spending money.

 I don't think they need someone looking over their shoulder saying "Stop. I
disapprove of you spending your money this way"

 I might be inclined to tell them to take a flying fuck in a rolling doughnut.
I surely might.  (-:

 HAHA well be careful, that activity could prove dangerous to someone's health
if they actually tried that. What is a "flying" fuck, though? I figure if
you're rolling on a doughnut it's a rolling fuck.

 On the subject of those who get all vigilante and ready to take on the
Movement for giving grown adults the opportunity to spend their hard-earned (or
not hard earned) dinero on Ayurvedic treatments or Maharishi honey then so be
it. Look at all those spending money on hair grow products and cheap
soon-to-be-out-of-fashion clothes or cable subscriptions in order to watch the
pap available on most TV stations. It's called freedom to make a choice. It's
not like spending money on some guys chanting yagyas that you're going to die
as a result, or that ten firstborn children are going to be drowned at dawn.
The best that could happen is that you feel good about having invested in
yagyas (the placebo effect) and at worst some busy body comes and talks your
ear off later and tries to convince you that you just wasted $500. Who needs
it? It 's like those bores who insist you're a "cultist" all the while you
haven't had a thing to do with the Movement for over three decades. LOL

 snip

  If others find it rewarding and helpful to pay money or to engage in all or
some of these things, who cares and why? I mean, just look at the cosmetic
industry, as one example, and how millions of women dish our their cash in
order to look years younger or sexier when, in fact, it's all just so much
snake oil? Every minute of every day we are spending time and money on stuff
that is either misrepresented or just plain unproven and untrue or simply a
waste of time. In the meantime, I'm banking on this lottery ticket I have to
win me $50m so I can go out and buy the latest skin care products.