 Well yes,  there is a lot of community dancing in Fairfield, Iowa.  Has been
from way back in the meditating community.
 It appeals to the communal arts of music and dance in meditating Fairfield.

 Was a big social thing that was hosted on campus for years until they started
removing people's Dome meditation badges that included/ allowed meditators in
to the group meditations and movement meetings.  With their administrative of
old meditators from the Domes and campus events the music and dancing of the
meditating community moved off campus from those times.

 This also reminds me when I was a student at MIU and I had this boyfriend who
was with me in the art department. He was too nice a guy for me, in the end, a
bit too soft spoken and conservative but a lovely person nevertheless. Here I
was the girl tearing up the carpet at the Student Union dances and he actually
talked me into attending WALTZING CLASSES in the gym. I went, we waltzed.
Perhaps that is when I broke up with him - after dance class number 2 or 3. LOL

 Fairfield Folk Arts & Dance Co-op | http://fairfolk.org/

 http://fairfolk.org/

 Fairfield Folk Arts & Dance Co-op | http://fairfolk.org/ Bare Necessities Bare
Necessities Peter Barnes, Earl Gaddis, Mary Lea & Jacqueline Schwab, with
Joseph Pimentel, Caller Advanced English ...

 View on fairfolk.org http://fairfolk.org/
 Preview by Yahoo

 More Fairfield data: http://www.city-data.com/city/Fairfield-Iowa.html
http://www.city-data.com/city/Fairfield-Iowa.html

 Square dancing recently became popular, for reasons that entirely escape me.

 No barn dances?