I have some tech friends who worked at Microsoft who got involved with a square dance club when they lived in the Seattle area. For me that was hard to imagine but they seemed to have fun with it.

Being into video production you'll appreciate this but I recall watching locally produced square dance shows on 1950s TV where they would do a remote usually with one camera and it would be up on a pedestal or stage and so the shot down on the dancers would make them seem squat. That made the dances seem really hilarious. There's got to be some YouTube videos of these shows somewhere in all that mess.