And I was paying for the lessons too! (Yes, I did tread on her feet on one or
two occasions, I think.)

 All this enthusiasm for dancing is putting me in quite a tizz. I do not dance.
II once took ballroom dancing lessons for about four months, but I found that
it took a long time for a message from my brain to reach my feet, by which time
the music had moved on. It didn't help either that I had a partner who from
time to time, as I was clumsily maneuvering her around the floor, would say,
"Feste, I'm bored." Wimmin!

 Hee, hee. Feste, even you could dance as well as that wild flash mob in the
town square there.
 And, I would have thought your dance partner wouldn't have been bored, she
would have been too busy avoiding your feet!

 Contra Dancing too in Fairfield, Iowa

 Contra Dance Flash Mob Fairfield, IA, video #1

Contra Dance Flash Mob Fairfield, IA, video #1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OMh__1dvZI

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OMh__1dvZI

 Contra Dance Flash Mob Fairfield, IA, video #1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OMh__1dvZI Contra dance flash mob in
Fairfield, IA at the May 2014 Artwalk.

 View on www.youtube.com https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OMh__1dvZI
 Preview by Yahoo

 Square Dancing itself has really taken hold in meditating Fairfield, Iowa as a
subset.  Club square dancing in America generally has been in long decline but
what has happened is a marvel that square dancing has erupted [revived] more
recently in Fairfield as a vehicle of social interaction. The rote form seems
to appeal to the white collar demographic within the meditating community.

 An aspect different here from larger [anonymous] urban America now is that
Fairfield, Iowa meditators are a recognizable community in their own way.
Meditators as a group have a communal demographic in a way that America is not
as communal as it may have been earlier in the 20th Century whence square
dancing was integral to rural social fabrics.

 FairfieldSquareDance http://www.fairfieldsquaredance.com/

 FairfieldSquareDance http://www.fairfieldsquaredance.com/ Square dance
activities in Fairfield iowa including classes, dances, and general information

 View on www.fairfieldsquaredance.com http://www.fairfieldsquaredance.com/
 Preview by Yahoo

 Well yes,  there is a lot of community dancing in Fairfield, Iowa.  Has been
from way back in the meditating community.
 It appeals to the communal arts of music and dance in meditating Fairfield.

 Was a big social thing that was hosted on campus for years until they started
removing people's Dome meditation badges that included/ allowed meditators in
to the group meditations and movement meetings.  With their administration
[exclusion] of old meditators from the Domes and campus events the music and
dancing of the larger meditating community moved off campus from those times.

 Fairfield Folk Arts & Dance Co-op | http://fairfolk.org/

 http://fairfolk.org/

 Fairfield Folk Arts & Dance Co-op | http://fairfolk.org/ Bare Necessities Bare
Necessities Peter Barnes, Earl Gaddis, Mary Lea & Jacqueline Schwab, with
Joseph Pimentel, Caller Advanced English ...

 View on fairfolk.org http://fairfolk.org/
 Preview by Yahoo

 More Fairfield data: http://www.city-data.com/city/Fairfield-Iowa.html
http://www.city-data.com/city/Fairfield-Iowa.html

 Square dancing recently became popular, for reasons that entirely escape me.

 No barn dances?