--- TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>snip

> I think this is a Big Spiritual Mistake. I think
> that
> anyone's life is really about the "raw footage" of
> that life -- the clean parts *and* the messy parts.
> And I think that this is even more true when dealing
> with enlightenment. The enlightened *aren't* all
> squeaky clean. They fart and shit like other people,
> and as far as I can tell they make messy mistakes
> like other people. I believe that "editing" their
> lives to make it appear as they don't is a
> disservice
> to the enlightened themselves, and to people who
> seek
> enlightenment and hope to find it in their example.
>
> I don't know whether the press conferences in ques-
> tion are being edited to remove the "messy" parts,
> but it is *completely* consistent with TM movement
> history that they are. I have certainly seen the
> edits
> done on other tapes and books over the years.  And
> I'm
> just rappin' about this because I think it's a
> mistake,
> a disservice to the person being edited, and to the
> seekers who are forced to view an edited version
> of life. IMO, real life is always better.
>
> Just my opinion,
>
> Unc

Excellent post. When I did video production in Ffld I
used to interact on a regular basis with MIU's video
production department. On a near regular basis I would
see raw MMY footage being edited to remove sections
that did not adhere to top administrators' ideal of
what MMY should say. Usually international did this
but every once in a while MIU video would edit some of
these tapes. I also saw them do this on a Triguna tape
where the edit completely reversed his intended
meaning. The person editing the tape showed me the raw
footage and the finished product. He told me that he
was directly told by someone in the MIU administration
to edit particular parts of the tape.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/HcoraC/rbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM

> and click 'Join This Group!'
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

>     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://mail.yahoo.com

Drugs Don't Discriminate. Get help for yourself or someone you know.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/0I.OUB/ZbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM