 Ann,

 These planetary transits do have an effect on people here on earth either in
their unknowing actions, such as the killings performed by ISIS members or
taking an overdose of drugs like Prince, or the effects in their health
ostensibly attributed to physical reasons only, without considering the
planetary aspects and transits.

 IMO, this is the reason why Deepak Chopra recommended the use of the TM mantra
to cure medical complaints by placing one's awareness on the health complaint
while invoking the mantra during meditation.  This is a form of performing a
direct personal yagya on the problem at hand.  For safe measure, it would be
better to use the traditional yagya performed by the Hindu priest.

 Of course, each person can try the various alternatives, including the western
allopathic medicine, when the time comes.  It's his or her personal choice.

 My point exactly.

 I'm thinking of having a yagya done  for myself due to the transit of Rahu in
Leo.  Do you have to be present at the temple?  Or can you stay at home at the
time the yagya is being performed?

 A few years ago I attended a yagya done for a  friend in a temple in
Sunnyvale, CA.  It was an elaborate ritual which included offering seeds dipped
in ghee onto the fire and dancing around the fire as the priest invoked the
mantras.

 Good for you. You show those naysayers. Pay your money, sit back and enjoy the
ride. That's what I say. While some are watching the newest installment of some
TV series and another is baking a batch of croissants and while still someone
else is filling their test tubes and dabbing microscopic specimens on petri
dishes you go right ahead and do your thing. Each to his own.

 I had a yagya performed once for me.  It was not a TM yagya but performed by
the Hindu temple in Livermore in the SF Bay Area.  I happened to be there with
a friend before Indian new year and they offered put visitors on the yagya list
for the new year.  It only cost $55.  I wasn't expecting anything but was an
effect for awhile.