I'm thinking of having a yagya done  for myself due to the transit of Rahu in
Leo.  Do you have to be present at the temple?  Or can you stay at home at the
time the yagya is being performed?

 A few years ago I attended a yagya done for a  friend in a temple in
Sunnyvale, CA.  It was an elaborate ritual which included offering seeds dipped
in ghee onto the fire and dancing around the fire as the priest invoked the
mantras.

 I had a yagya performed once for me.  It was not a TM yagya but performed by
the Hindu temple in Livermore in the SF Bay Area.  I happened to be there with
a friend before Indian new year and they offered put visitors on the yagya list
for the new year.  It only cost $55.  I wasn't expecting anything but was an
effect for awhile.