The first point as 1. in the text below as to Dr. Nader's initial reluctance to
the job feels quite poignant and tells a narrative that seems is there in this.

 As a communal leader Dr. Nader has not had nearly the public experience
 and acquired the acumen for the job that the Drs. Morris and Hagelin and
others have
 earned as lecturers, teachers and administrators of TM.

 It seems pretty clear Dr. Nader was brought out of the basement and
 put on stage center.

 What the text is not showing is an insight in to the working relationship
 which the three Drs. have with each other at the top as they
 have come in to the inheritance of the heritage of all that is TM.
 That part of relationship working out in by-law actually is
 really interesting to watch play out in process.

 None of the three can necessarily rule by decree, they have
 to bring the others along and these are substantial personages.
 Technically they are only trustees of a corporation. That was
 well set up by Maharishi well before Maharishi passed away.

 Each of the three bring things by talent and personality that the others need
 or they have to work around. That is the TMO now.

 The other night at the Dome meeting
 of Vedic City (..the Global Country people), the University, and the in-town
meditator communities
 where Dr. Nader skype-ed in from somewhere
 was a good example of some of the dynamic
 with the three. There is a lot going on.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 Someone provided the text pasted further below on the side.

 It seems to have a fair capture of some current TM ethnography in it's
narrative
 as to what we see and hear here in Fairfield, Iowa also.

 [ Paste of text..

  FW: "..I suggested to a friend who hears quite a bit of the thinking of
higher-level TMO persons to read the discussion and tell me what she thought.
She had some interesting perspectives on what she read here.

 Here are a few points from a long dinner conversation earlier tonight, they
are abbreviated – and so keep in mind they lack much of the nuance of what she
said. Keeping that in mind, I found them quite interesting (i.e. some very
different perspectives than would have occurred to me) and so I thought I would
offer them as information here.

 1. Re: King Tony. The ‘ruling from silence’ spiel that was played around the
time of MMY’s death was a way of dealing with a combination of factors: 1) Tony
was not comfortable with public speaking of the kind expected of MMY’s
appointed successor; 2) He went through a long period of being overwhelmed and
was pressured to stay on.

 2. TMO’s thinking is not as fixed regarding King Tony’s role as she picked up
people on FFL-2 seem to think based on her reading on this topic in FFF-2. It’s
constantly evolving. TMO higher-ups are sticking to what they consider to be
MMY’s core principles, but how that plays out is certainly not fixed.

 3. Something she said that really struck me (but made sense when she said it).
How King Tony is perceived by those who work for the TMO (the ‘beige suits and
saris’ brigade as she called them) is NOT a concern or focus for TMO bigwigs.
She brought this up because it seemed to be such a significant train of thought
here on FFL-2.  Logic: By the time somebody becomes a ‘beige suit/sari person’
they have already accepted the whole TMO culture, and if they change their
mind, they can leave – there will be others to take their place.

 [Think of the millions who follow royalty, particularly in Britain – more
below.]

 4. TMO believes it is only a matter of time before the world begins to take
notice of the TMO as a major force in the world (as she and I remember MMY
saying in the 70’s). The focus among TMO bigwigs is how King Tony is perceived
by the public when this happens – and the preparation for this is ongoing in a
very focused manner.

 5. She’s aware of the Florida digs, expensive schools (she did not know about
the flying lessons). Also indicated that the rumor is that he has similar digs
in Paris, and there are plans for major (think Buckingham Palace luxury digs –
but vastu) in every continent. She has no idea where the money comes from, but
she assumes it is TMO money.

 One point she made was about the vast divide between the Florida digs
discussion she read here in FFL-2 and ‘TMO-think’: These ‘Florida digs’ are
only a pittance – what is being attempted is the creation of the equivalent of
a British royal family type setup (all the palaces, pageantry, jewels, private
planes, embassies in every country in the world, etc.), but not just in one
country – in every continent. Also, this is not King Tony only – it is intended
as the beginning of dynasty that will last for thousands of years. The money
spend on the Florida digs doesn’t even reach the level of peanuts.

 6. The current plan that is playing out is portraying King Tony as a ‘secular,
brilliant scientist’, ‘knowledge not spiritual/religious’ king, who when #4
happens as TMO bigwigs believe it will, King Tony will be on the world stage in
a way similar to the British royal family (her best analogy, she says). A king
who dresses up ceremonially when needed, but will also be seen as a somewhat
‘regular’ guy (but not really) who flies airplanes, lives in the world, wears
jeans sometimes, wears a suit sometimes, has a beautiful wife who does the
celebrity/expensively dressed/bejewelled thing, etc. etc.  Again, King Tony's
image/way of life is being created for the world, not for TMO people.

 7. Finally…one of her best analogies (which she emphasized was not her own,
but from conversations within TMO): ‘Don’t think ‘Pope Francis royalty’ or
‘Dalai Lama royalty’ – their days are numbered (!), and they will never appeal
to the masses in the way the TMO believe secular monarchy will. Think Prince
Charles/British royalty.

 So there you have it, I guess, for what it’s worth.

 Yes, interesting dinner conversation alright. FWIW, see below for some
comments on your thoughts. My friend and I chat fairly regularly about the
goings-on in the TMO, so some of my comments reflect her thinking over time.

 I think your friend gives too much credit to the guiding lights of the TMO -
Marshy and Company had one over all schtick - and that was and is, "Just do
what we say, believe what we say and ignore any anomalies you spot along the
way. Don't question, just believe." <--  My friend would agree you with on this
completely. She's often said that she realized that this was true a long time
ago ( ~ 30 years), but she doesn't work for the TMO and takes what she needs
and leave the rest. [She's in a close relationship with a 'TMO big(ish)wig',
but he does this thing, and she does hers.

 That attitude stood them in good stead for decades. No need to change the
formula now. I don't think there is any grand plan to present Tony as any sort
of secular worldly kind of guy. If that is the case then they are going to have
to confiscate all of the videos that exist of his absurd veda in the human
physiology theories, the photos and videos of him wearing his royal vestments
and being bowed and scraped to by the Movement's True Believers. <-- I see what
you're saying, but her point is that the TMO's point of view is completely the
opposite to yours: the TMO does not see these two elements  - airplane flying,
living a life of material uber-luxury, etc. (on the one hand) and veda
theories, royal vestments, being bowed to and scrape two by TBs, etc. (on the
other hand) - as being unacceptable to the public when it begins to take notice
of TMO/King Tony in a big way. The TMO is making no attempt to hide the two
elements - quite the opposite.

 Again, she used the example of the British royal family (according to her that
is what she often hears the TMO bigwigs aspire to): e.g they dress up in all
sorts of fancy 'gear' and 'vestments' (e.g. for opening of Parliament, numerous
other pageantry events), their titles (HM, HRH), people bowing and scraping to
them all the time <-- it's a rule apparently...:). Then, at the same time, the
dress 'down' in suits/jeans/fly airplanes/own endless palaces/own and race
horses. I know it may seem to you (and many others) that the TMO will not be
able to pull this off, but she says - and I have seen this going back 40 years
now - is the TMO TB's complete 100% confidence that they will pull it off -
that this is the destiny of the TMO.

 I can only speculate but I bet Tony's wife had a lot to do with their leaving
Fairfield - she didn't want to live in a pig farming community - she wanted and
got the life of the rich and famous. <-- According to my friend, they've never
lived in FF - just visited now and again. Yes, she believes the same as you do
- she's 'met' Tony's wife, and as she said to me at the weekend (laughing)
'Would Tony's wife live in FF? Not in a million years.'

 Given the other worldly attitudes, arrogance and follow our lead mentality the
Movement's upper crust all have, I doubt they have given a moment's thought to
the perception of the world towards Emperor Antonio. <-- FWIW, her experience
is that its a major part of their perpetual PR - but see below.

 They don't care what the non-TM crowd thinks because they consider themselves
too far above the rest of the world to consider non-meditators' ideas or
evaluations to be of importance (you know that's true). <-- Actually, no I
disagree with you completely here, although there are some nuances in my
disagreement if I can put it that way. Yes, they do consider themselves to be
far above the rest of the world as of now, but they also believe that 'as
consciousness rises', the world will come around to the TMO way of thinking -
and they want to have the institutional structure (as they see it) ready when
'the world comes around'. I know it seems crazy, but it's what they think. I
remember being at a meeting (not small, large gathering) with MMY in the 70's
where he said something like this: 'America isn't ready for Hinduism yet. That
time will come, and I'll tell them when it does." Well, as we know he didn't
live long enough to see that, but  that is very definitely the TMO point of
view.

 I suspect the raja and elite part of the TMO to be on board with King T's
lifestyle as right and proper, and as usual they expect the lowly meditators,
sidhas, low level governors (the ones who have no prestige and status within
the Movement and no money) to quietly revere King T and go along with whatever
they are told. <-- Absolutely. That is exactly what they expect (and that there
will always be enough people in the pipeline who will continue to do that).

 And I doubt that they think any of the Movement's faithful would ever go
poking around on the net to find anything out about King Antoine's life, so
they think his lifestyle is a non-issue. <-- My only thought here, which really
is not a response, is how much you seem to believe that TMOs bigwigs think
about meditators/sidhas/governors. My friend's experience (which gels with mine
when I worked with the TMO) is that they give very little thought to them -
they are taken for granted. My friend's comment at the weekend was how struck
she was at the difference between the perception in the discussion here and the
reality as she sees it of how much governors etc. are taken for granted.

 Look at their response when after years of promoting the falsehood that King T
was the epitome of Purusha that included a celibate lifestyle, it was revealed
he had a wife and kids tucked away in Paris - no embarrassment, no sorry we
lied, nothing like that - just Oh, Marshy told him it was ok cause the old
rajas had wives and all like that. No mention of the fact that Tony and the
Movement lied to everyone for years about it. <-- Actually, a significant part
of what you say here is not true. I worked in the TMO when King Tony was
appointed. It was made clear by MMY (not widely, but to those of us who were
around) that the position was hereditary - the goal was that Tony was the first
king of this new era, he would get married and he would produce a son, etc. He
was not portrayed in any way as being a celibate Purusha. People may have
assumed this or projected this on to him, but I was around when all this was
happening and it's not true.

 [Much humor has been spent in the years since given that nature does not seem
to have cooperated as he has two daughters, and women being leaders was not
part of MMY's plan. The rule apparently - and it is practiced - is that Raja's
wives walk three steps behind their husbands in TMO gatherings, when they
appear at all.] You are correct, of course, about the fact that Tony being
married and having two children was hidden for several years.

 If any of the lowly TM'ers take issue with it, they'll just say Marshy
approved it before he died unless George what's his name got a recent message
from the Old Leader.

 But I bet y'all had an interesting dinner!

And that's all my news - far more than I intended to write.

 end paste]

 #

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 It seems a religious war (ideology) between the two, that is not very
spiritual.

 The Religious Cohort of Anti-TM, and the Religious TM'ers.

 Evidently a community of what one may see as ‘religious’ that seems to remain
inside of TM is quite small as so too is its opposition of anti-TM’ers outside
in cohort are relatively small.
 But both are quite active and sophisticated in doggedly using a machinery of
PR media in vying with their counter across and over a middle ground, each side
with a hoping to dispute and win ground of public opinion against the other
extreme and maybe even plow the other under.

 To countervail:  to exert force against an opposing and often bad or harmful
force or influence

 valence,

 the amount of power of an atom which is determined by the number of electrons
the atom will lose, gain, or share when it forms compounds

 Cohort,
 In statistics, a cohort is a group of subjects who have shared a particular
event together during a particular time span.  Originally used to describe a
military unit in ancient Rome.

 To vail:  take off or lower (one's hat or crown) as a token of respect or
submission.

 Take off one's hat or otherwise show respect or submission to someone.

 Bigot: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own
opinions and prejudices; especially :  one who regards or treats the members of
a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <steve.sun...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 We know one thing, they spend one helluva of a lot of time ranting and raving
about it here and on the other site, pretty much all hours of the day.  That
tells ya something!

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <olliesedwuz@...> wrote :

 Is Anti-TM a New Religion? Well, if we consider religion to be a pointer to
something it no longer contains, then the answer is "yes". Just as those who go
to church regularly because it strengthens their beliefs, so do these naysayers
regularly repeat themselves, feeling "safer" inside the boundaries of their
"important discoveries". Taking on something like the obvious corruption within
the TMO by posturing on forums is another way of saying, "I don't have a life",
writ large. So, depending on the degree of obsession, I would say that
"Anti-TM" has become a de-facto religion for some.

 I tend to be wary of those who are either always extolling spiritual and
religious experience, or always knocking it. Both are somewhat unbalanced, as I
am sure their daily lives indicate.

  Is Anti-TM a New Religion?
 Ollie, Interesting observation you are making here about the Anti-TM’ers.
Salyavin’s consistent content as criticism here is honed and well stated within
the Yahoo-groups guidelines except for the default to the ad hominem,

 the interesting thing in general is how the anti-TM’ers have come in to cohort
as what seems like the a non-theistic religion of anti-TM,  The Religious
Cohort of Anti-TM,,

 Federal Court opinion on what makes a religion..

 ..“Indica” of religion: 'Ultimate ideas', 'Comprehensive', 'Structure'.

 [Federal Court opinion:

 Re: Is TM a New Religion? The Federal District Court

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <olliesedwuz@...> wrote :

 yeah, very strange. These people have become bitterly disappointed at their
experiences regarding TM, and so, "attempt to spread the truth about TM and the
org behind it" and "save" others. There is not a nickel's worth of space
between that expression and the Christian fundamentalists - same psychological
mistake; transference. They cannot accept that they didn't get it, and so turn
on those who are experiencing a benefit, blind to the fact that any issue is
with themselves, and not the TM or TMO, or practitioners of TM.

 This is in no way a defense of the TM Org, which has a lot of issues. But
there are ways of tackling a problem productively, and there is empty
complaining. As you say, we are all adults, and nobody appreciates a bunch of
blowhards trumpeting the same hollow message, that they know the real truth
about TM and the TMO and are here to enlighten the rest of us. What rubbish.

 Strange, ain't it.  Someone, in this case, Salyavin, feeling they need to save
someone from themselves.  As if there is not abundant information to peruse
with regard to the TM movement such that Salyavin feels the impassioned need to
take on the role.

 What becomes a little weird is that there is no difference from this attitude
and the fundamentalist attitude that "they" (the fundamentalist) knows what's
best for another, and therefore makes it a mission to convert "the other". And
then, you must ask, where does it end.

 The title of this autobiography is, "How I Became a Tyrant"

 I figure most of those investing in or tooting the horn for yagya donations
are grown adults who can decide if they want to spend their money on chanting
or on a fitbit or the latest VW convertible.

 But can they decide? When you're embroiled in a cult you can really start to
believe what they tell you as I'm sure you're aware. Obviously it's up to
people to become scientifically aware and think their way out of the stupidity
before it bankrupts them or they end up moving to a town where this sort of
excuse for thinking is taken so much for granted that it becomes a given rather
than the utterly astonishing load of pseudo-scientific nonsense that it
actually is.

 Grown ups can believe anything they like, but if people you know are
habitually throwing their money into a hole in the ground - or in this case
real estate in Florida - when they think they are creating some sort of peace
creating group of Indian chanters the we owe it to them to darw it to their
attention or we aren't very good friends.

 If you knew someone who was being scammed by a devious pension plan wouldn't
you tell them if you knew? Yet the TMO gets many millions from selling prayers
and all the while setting up a pseudo-scientific justification in the shape of
Marshy's crap lectures about the unified field and continuing with John
Hagelin's equally crap videos about string theory. It's a deliberate attempt to
mis-sell something. The funny thing is they claim to be interested in science
and yet they never put any of the more dubious products on the TM price list
under any sort of serious scrutiny.

 Now, this discussion about Nader and how he could possibly have so much money
(how much does he have? ) seems like many are jumping to conclusions about his
guilt with regard to the Movement handing over millions of dollars to him for
some reason. Why would they do this? Is he worth that much to them? I don't
know Nader from a hole in the ground other than, I believe, he possesses a gold
outfit complete with crown in his closet. I suggest people get some hard facts
before proclaiming his guilt from the rooftops. BTW, where did you get your
information? Judy seems to think that is important and you didn't answer that
question in your response here.

 Judy has consistently demonstrated that she is an idiot to the extent that I
never read her posts. She knows as well as I do where all this information
about King Tony comes from. Is there another explanation for the wealth of the
Nader family other than the TMO setting him up as some sort of world leader in
waiting? If there is I haven't seen it, as he's a public figure appointed by
Marshy to be the hereditary ruler of his domain I think we are owed an
explanation. But I don't trust the TMO about money for the reasons I have
stated.

 Nonprofit Financial Statements - FindLaw
http://smallbusiness.findlaw.com/incorporation-and-legal-structures/nonprofit-financial-statements.html

http://smallbusiness.findlaw.com/incorporation-and-legal-structures/nonprofit-financial-statements.html

 Nonprofit Financial Statements - FindLaw
http://smallbusiness.findlaw.com/incorporation-and-legal-structures/nonprofit-financial-statements.html
 Question: Do 501(c)(3) non-profit corporations have to make their financial
statements available to the public? Answer: Yes. Non-profit corporations ...

 View on smallbusiness.findlaw...
http://smallbusiness.findlaw.com/incorporation-and-legal-structures/nonprofit-financial-statements.html
 Preview by Yahoo