Point is that we paid into to it so we want it. Many weren't counting on SS but then the banksters screwed them over on their retirement funds. Bottom line: don't trust capitalism. The problem for younger folks can be solved but the aged economic concepts will need to abandoned.

On 06/26/2016 12:55 PM, Mike Dixon mdixon.6...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:
Dubya proposed leaving everyone on SS or about to go on it, to continue as is. People in their forties and younger, would have a small portion of it, I think less than 15%, privatized. Civil servants in Galveston Texas completely opted out of SS decades ago and had their own privatized pension fund which currently pays 2-3 times what SS does.

*From:* "Bhairitu noozg...@sbcglobal.net [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
*To:* FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
*Sent:* Sunday, June 26, 2016 2:44 PM
*Subject:* Re: [FairfieldLife] This up yet??

On 06/26/2016 12:25 PM, feste37 wrote:
Just how do you suppose that Hillary is going to "take away" our Social Security? You think a president can just sign something or give an order, and it magically happens? That's what Trump seems to think. And what basis do you have for making such an allegation in the first place? It is just a crude and silly accusation designed to scare people.

Do you know what an Executive Order is? It's very unconstitutional and a power a US president shouldn't have. Turns them into a dictator. And yes she would have a tough time taking away Social Security but have you forgotten that Dubya even mentioned it during his term. And I've heard conservatives say if a President were to do that seniors would burn down the country.

And why do you assume that "taking away" Social Security would leave "many here on FFL destitute." You have information about the finances of people who post here? How fascinating. Where did you get it?

From friends that live in Fairfield. Not everyone is well off there.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>, <noozguru@...> <mailto:noozguru@...> wrote :

Why is it the "weirdest post of the week?" You trust Clinton? Or are you just going along for the partying?