> On Dec 26, 2005, at 5:14 PM, Alex Stanley wrote:
>
> > I can well imagine the possibility that an enlightened person
could
> > then go on to act unethically, since the flavor of the dualistic
dream
> > state becomes a whole lot less relevant (or, even completely
> > irrelevant?)
>
> In Ken's parlance, 'acting unethical is still within dualities,
it's
> merely the photographic negative of ethical activity.'
>
> Having said that it is possible to appear to be acting unethically
> when actually the intent is to awaken. If you've ever read the
> biography of Drukpa Kunlegs this touches perfectly on this aspect
> (trans. in _The Divine Madman_) of enlightened activity. But truly
> operate efficiently at this level, you'd have to be at the place
> where passions are experienced as the Wisdoms. He brings up the
> interesting point that some advanced *teachers* use this
enlightened
> crazy activity as an excuse. Really all they are doing is showing
> their own attachments and their own remaining enmeshment in duality.

Of course, in public at least, MMY doesn't claim that
he's "enlightened crazy." Quite the opposite: he claims that the
Transcendent leads him to make statements that some find offensive.
Of course, that doesn't mean he's not crazy, or that the Transcendent
isn't leading him to behave in an enlightened-crazy way, only that he
doesn't claim enlightened-crazy as his reason for doing what he's
doing.