> > > Contact MUM about the nearest World Peace Palace. You can take
> > > out a low-interest student loan to learn TM, and I would
guess,
> > > to learn an advanced technique as well...
> >
> > *****************
> >
> > The loan to learn TM is not low-interest (the Citibank
Citiassist
> > loan is prime rate plus points, instead of less than prime rate
> > like
> > Stafford govt-guaranteed loans), because it is not a government-
> > guaranteed/subsidized loan, but a private student loan that
either
> > requires good credit or a co-signer -- it's the same loan that
MUM
> > students in the Computer Professional program get:
> >
> > http://www.mum.edu/compro/citiassist.html
> >
> > for MUM students who are foreign nationals, Iowa banks give a
loan
> > (guaranteed by MUM itself):
> >
> > http://www.mum.edu/compro/financial.html#cploan
>
> I think you people are missing the point, big-time.
>
> The very fact that someone should have to take out
> a loan to learn to meditate is what's criminal. And
> the organization that places the people of the world
> in that position are the criminals.>>

Ridiculous. This is what it has been like since the beginning of
time. Someone has to pay for the spiritual movement. In ancient
times an Ashram in India was paid for by donors and patrons, a lot
of volunteerism on the part of those who can't pay, a synagogue or
monestary in ancient Isreal was paid for by the donors and patrons,
a monestary or church in Medieval or Victorian England was paid for
by donors and patrons, a monestary in ancient Tibet the same, a
church in modern US is paid for by donors and patrons and a lot of
volunteerism on the part of those who can't pay.

Maharishi considers Americans wealthy by most standards in the world
(which they are - something like 60% of the world's population live
below the poverty line), and so he is asking lower-middle class to
upper class Americans to pay what is only $3.30 a day for 2 years,
for what has proven to be (through hundreds of peer-reviewed
journals) the best researched and documented technique on the
planet...by far.

OffWorld