> On Jan 23, 2006, at 9:34 AM, authfriend wrote:
> >
> > Well, first, we'd need to know what MMY *actually*
> > said, rather than your version of it.
> >
> > Second, what Wilber was debunking was the idea of
> > creating *electrons* (by which I assume he meant
> > elementary particles generally), not molecules.
> > Molecules are two steps beyond elementary particles:
> > they're arrangements of atoms, which are in turn
> > arrangements of particles.
>
> Well you have to understand what he's referring to here Judy--it's
> that the measurement/observation process at a quantum level
> affects the material world. It's this idea he's debunking using
> this example, that we modify reality, physical reality, with
> observation. This idea is not restricted to the discussion of
> the "gap" between the physical and "unified field" but also the
> TMSP where attention is allegedly applied to get the unified field
> to manifest something--to somehow modify reality. The Maharishi
> Effect might be a good example.

I understand what Wilber is referring to, but I'm not
sure you do.

>From the summary you posted:

"Ken goes on to suggest that what might be influencing quantum
realities is not Suchness per se, but bio-energy or prana, which may
be the source of the crackling, buzzing, electric creativity that so
many theorists have tried to explain at the quantum level."

> > Again, we'd have to know exactly what MMY said, but
> > it isn't inconceivable he meant the molecules were
> > built from particles that were already available.
> >
> > Finally, at what point did MMY use this notion as
> > a "sales ploy" for TM?
>
> Quantum physics is constantly used as a marketing ploy for the
> TMO.

No, you used "Substance M" as an example.  I'm asking
when MMY used that notion as a "sales ploy" for TM.

> It's been used for the siddhis, the doshas, TM, the TMSP, higher
> states of consciousness, world peace, economics, etc. It's a long
> list.
>
> Since you already claim to believe much of this, it's senseless
> for me to try to convince you otherwise.

See, this is why it's hard to take seriously anything
you say about what somebody else has said or what they
meant.  Not only have I not claimed to "believe much of
this," I said explicitly only that I found certain
premises *plausible*.  About others I've said explicitly
only that I *don't rule them out*.

And you've translated this in your mind into my
having "claimed to believe" these things.

Remarkable.

Oh, and moreover, you say it's "senseless" to try to
convince me the TMO uses quantum physics for marketing
purposes, yet I've never suggested it does *not* do
precisely this.  And to complete the absurdity, you
claim I wouldn't believe the TMO doesn't use quantum
physics in its marketing *because I have claimed to
believe what it says about quantum physics*.  (Which,
of course, I have not.)

I mean, Vaj, if you can get what I've said in a few
relatively simple, straightforward posts of mine so
thoroughly confused, how in heaven's name do you expect
anybody to think you can get something as complicated
as quantum mechanics vis-a-vis spirituality straight?