> On Jan 31, 2006, at 1:24 PM, doctor_gabby_savy wrote:
>
> > If you agree to the general overall point (regardless of small
> > variations and simplifications) in each of the above 8 points, it
> > logically follows that you agree that in 13000 years, tropical sun is
> > in virgo, aka around september?
> >

> > All celestial calcs in jyotish programs are done in tropical. Then
> > adjusted by ayanamsa  to sideral. So like it or not, you are
> > indirectly interested in tropical. :)
> >

> > Ok.do you agree that in 13000 years the appropriate sideral ayanamsa
> > is 180 degrees, and that sun at VE will be in sideral Aries?
>
> I doubt it is possible to predict that far in advance. It would just
> be theory. What is the question behind the question?
>

> > Which means without ayanamsa, sun at VE will be in tropical Virgo
> > (that is 180 degrees from sideral if ayamamsa is not used.). Tropical
> > Virgo is september.
>
> I don't see the point of any of this.

The basic point is understanding what precession of the equinox means.
And its impacts long run such as long run weather cycles, human
migration and civilization  growth/decay impacts, and how
correspondence to long-run jyotish cycles may correspond correspond to
the latter.

All scientists appear to agree that the precession of the equinox
means that the position of the sun at Vernal equinox in its eliptical
annual trip around the 12 constellations receeds about one degree
every 72 years. Which is roughly one days travel of the sun. Thus,
slowly the date of the real VE is getting earlier and earlier as the
sun gets to the new VE from the old one in less 360 degrees = less
than 365.25 days.

All of that is important to understand for jyotish, long run weather
cycles, long run astronomy, and general competence in knowing how the
world works.

Sun at  VE in 13000 is just an eye-catching example to people to
realize that assumptions that work well in a 200 year span, don't
always work well in long spans time.

And makes a good story to tell at VE. "You know you kids arent going
to have spring break any more in 13000 years." 19 year old blondes
love this stuff. haha. Barry might pick up some more one night stands
if his Woody (no pun) Allen story fails.

And its all a good brain tonic to visualize this stuff.