--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jyouells2000" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> The leadership of the USA consciously chose to kill to prempt
> greater killing in the future. Trying to accomplish the near
> impossible in the middle east, a functioning representative
> democracy. I think that this was seem as the 'least evil'
> solution to an intractable problem. As far as perpetuating
> violence: there was and is plenty to go around. The US goal
> is to diminish it. The Islamofascist goals are to topple
> major economies and political systems thru violence and
> terror. If you can't turn the killer into a peace lover,
> do you kill him or let him continue to kill?

John, I usually appreciate your point of view here,
but if you honestly believe that the US goal is to
diminish violence in the world, you really owe it
to yourself to download and watch a three-hour BBC
series called "The Power of Nightmares."  It is
available for download from:

http://www.archive.org/details/ThePowerOfNightmares

The authors of this series trace the roots of modern
problems back to their source, and make a strong case
for the stance of both the US Neocons and the Islamic
fundamentalists as *perpetuating* violence in the
world.  It's part of a conscious, well-documented
strategy on both sides.

This is a *powerful* series, that leaves the viewer
with very little doubt about the real motivations
of those who stay in power by "selling nightmares."
They do this because they have no positive dreams
to sell.  Watch the series -- all of it -- and
then come back here and tell us if you still
believe that America's intent is to diminish
violence in the world.

The fascinating thing, for an open-minded TMer, is
to watch the series and think about how Maharishi's
language has shifted over the years into the realm
of scare tactics.  He still talks about Sat Yuga
and a better world, but his fund-raising efforts
these days are more often than not tied to pronoun-
cements of impending doom if people don't send in
their checks.  And for the *same* reasons as the
Neocons and the Islamic radicals == they are selling
a fundamentalist vision of a world in which *they*
are in charge.  That is the only world they can
imagine that would suit them.