> On Feb 11, 2006, at 11:11 AM, feste37 wrote:
>
> > Complacent advice given by those who have  much to those who
have
> > little,
> > I'd say. I don't buy this romanticized "poor but happy" stuff.
> > What's to be happy
> > about when your teeth are rotting and you can't afford to go to
the
> > dentist?
>
> There are programs that let people go to the dentist. Medicare
covers
> dental care.

Actually, I think you mean MediCAID -- a poverty program -- which is
different from MediCARE which is a senior citizen health insurance
program that was funded by the beneficiary from a portion of his and
his employers' FICA contributions during his working years (the
other portion of FICA goes towards Social Security contributions).