> On Feb 17, 2006, at 10:44 AM, authfriend wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:
> > <snip>
> >
> >> I also have the highest respect for Chopra, he's a fine man with
> >> great integrity IMO.
> >
> > Who allowed his name to be put on a book that was
> > written by others?
>
> This is common in publishing circles and certainly legal if all
> parties agree, which obviously in this case they did.

Yes, Vaj, I know that. I wasn't the one to make
a post announcing it as if it showed what a phony
he was.  I *work* in publishing, remember?

> Irregardless of what you think of this, the guy radiates sincerity
> and integrity.

Oh, he's very good at radiating sincerity and
integrity, no question about it.

> > Who tried to push the "revisionist" untruth that the
> > Beatles were thrown out of MMY's ashram because they
> > were doing drugs?
>
> Keep an open mind, who can say either way? It would certainly be a
> surprise to many--but esp. those who 'live vicariously thru TM'.

So now it would be a surprise to True Believers if
the Beatles *were* thrown out because they were doing
drugs?

Funny, you've been saying just the opposite, claiming
the "thrown out" theory was "revisionism" on the part
of TM TBs.

Wait, I know.  Now you're going to say that by "those
who 'live vicariously thru TM'" you didn't mean TBs
at all, but rather True Non-Believers, right?

If that's not it, I'm sure you'll think of something.

As to "who can say either way," there were a lot of
folks who were there at the time who are quite clear
on what happened, and it had nothing to do with drugs.

However, somehow I doubt you would be so open-minded
if someone you considered a TB was arguing that the
story about the Beatles leaving because they thought
MMY had been boffing a female follower was untrue.