> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Irmeli Mattsson"

> feelings.

> and on
> > > >

> > >Sparaig: You're saying the TMO has vehemence towards Chopra.
Actually, the
> > > official policy of the TMO is to not talk about Chopra at all. At
> > > least for a few years *after* Chopra left the TMO, the son of
> > > Chopra's publicist continued to be on Perusha. He was a tad
> defensive
> > > to me about his mother's identity when we spoke on the phone
> once,
> > > but obviously, his mother's professional (and likely personal)
> > > relationship with Chopra had not gotten him "kicked off the
> program"
> > > simply because of the choices of his mom and her professional
> clients.
> > >
> > > If there was a genuine vehemence on the part of the TMO itself,
> they
> > > would have found some reason to get him gone, don't you think?
> > >
> > > BTW, you never answered my question:
> > >
> > > Why do you suppose he hasn't republished it? [Chopra's
> autobiography]
> > >

> > ****
> > Irmeli:I got plugged into this thread by reading Barry's post,
where he was
> > wondering about the vehemence towards Chopra in the discussion by
> you
> > and some others. I have no opinion about the republishing, because I
> > have no background information.
>
>Sparaig: I just gave it to you: its out of print and has been since
Chopra
> left the TMO.
>

> > Irmeli:I don't understand, why you connect an adult man's doings
and career
> > choices to what his mother is doing. Are you saying that the rules
> on
> > the Purusha and MD are such, that a person cannot stay there, if his
> > or her parents are found to have careers that are unsuitable to the
> > present TMO dogma. For example, the parent is a politician and a
> > devout adherent of democracy.
>
> Irmeli:You've misunderstood what I said. The son of Chopra's
publicist was
> still on Perusha for years after Chopra left. During a phone
> conversation he said "you know my mom, I think..." and I made the
> connection that I was talking to Muriel Nellis's son.
>

> >Irmeli: Are you in a leading position on the Purusha, or why did you
> question
> > the man about his mother's identity?
>
>Sparaig: I didn't. He volunteered the information since I had done
publicity
> work for Chopra and had had several phone conversations with the
> guy's mom since she was Chopra's publicist after Carla Linton-Brown
> went back to school.
>

> > Irmeli:I found it very odd that, when Chopra left the TMO, one was not
> > anymore allowed to talk about him. Earlier he was talked about
> almost
> > as much as MMY, and suddenly he or his books didn't exist anymore.
> The
> > teachers actually behaved like he had never existed.
>
> Sparaig:That was a directive: since Chopra was no longer supporting
the TMO,
> the TMO was no longer going to support him. Wish him well and move on.
>

> > Irmeli:I had met this kind of behaviour earlier only in the former
Soviet
> > Union, and considered that kind of denial of history to be very
> > pathological.
> >

>Sparaig: But Chopra not mentioning TM or MMY in books that were
COMMISSIONED
> by MMY isn't odd?

Irmeli: In those earlier books I have read by Chopra, he is mentioning
MMY. Lately I have not read Chopra's books.
But considering how the TMO and MMY treated him after his departure,
it is understandable. I would have done the same.

> > Irmeli: You didn't answer this question of mine: Could you explain
to me
> what
> > emotions I'm projecting and on whom?  Maybe you can help me find out
> > some of my blind spots?
>
> Sparaig:You misread most of what I said. I understand that English
is not
> your native language, but still, you misinterpretted everything to be
> opposite of what I said. This certainly implies a set of prejudices
> on your part to not only misunderstand what I said, but to
> misunderstand it in such a way as to support what you apparently
> believe.

Irmeli:
If I misunderstood you, could you kindly explain to me what you meant
by this comment of yours in msg 87746:

Irmeli: I think the vehemence is actually envy.

Sparaig:Perhaps, or perhaps you're projecting your own feelings