> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, defenders_of_bhakti
> > <no_reply@> wrote:
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@>

> > > On the basis of this is of course gnostic thinking
> > > (Freemasonree, Rosecrucians). The basic idea behind
> > > it, is that creation is like a prison.
> >
> > Depends entirely on the "flavor" of gnosticism.
> > Some flavors believe that creation wasn't created
> > by God but by the "other guy" (Satan, the demiurge).
> >
> > > I still believe that it owes a lot to Buddhism...
> >
> > That's a stretch. Many translations of the First
> > Noble Truth have it as "Life is suffering," but
> > that's not related in any way to God, since they
> > don't believe in one.
>
> To say "life is suffering" implies there is something--
> a condition or state--that is *not* suffering.
>
> If suffering is said to be a lack, there is something--
> a condition or state--in which nothing is lacking.
>
> What is it?

Perfect coordination between one's self and one's environment. To
relieve suffering, we don't travel anywhere, so the difference
[between suffering or not] must be due to either having full
awareness of our envirnment, and taking full advantage of it, or
not.

So how is this done? First by becoming aware of our environment, all
of the inside and all of the outside. Then, having this awareness,
we act, and it is the action that integrates both, coordinates the
two worlds, of the inside and the outside, until they merge,
transforming life from the lack of suffering, to the abundance of
perfect coordination.

How do we know we are there? We are released from our suffering in
all situations and states of consciousness; life begins to transform
itself before us, always perfect, always just what we wanted. Not by
us 'making do', or settling for less, but by having a perfect
acceptance of all that we do, and a perfect response from our
environment, our world, that maintains our everpresent success.