0> > I did say in that in the early stages there may be
> > some very slight effort until the automatic cycle
> > is established.
>
> What if that "automatic cycle" is NEVER established? Does this mean
> that someone is doing it "incorrectly?"

I guess many people who for instance see different colours when they
hear sounds of different pitches think that everybody has that
gift. My TM-instructor said, as I recall it, that some people have
"echo-mantra", and for them TM is especially easy to learn, because
there certainly is absolutely no effort when they
are meditating. That "automatic cycle" might be a slightly different
thing, but I wouldn't say my meditation is like that. As I've told
before, I sometimes even pay some attention to the final sound
of my mantra, because my mother tongue doesn't have that sound
*at the end of words*, excepting a couple of onomatopoetic words.