--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, cardemaister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> 0> > I did say in that in the early stages there may be
> > > some very slight effort until the automatic cycle
> > > is established.
> >
> > What if that "automatic cycle" is NEVER established? Does this
mean
> > that someone is doing it "incorrectly?"
> >

> I guess many people who for instance see different colours when
they
> hear sounds of different pitches think that everybody has that
> gift. My TM-instructor said, as I recall it, that some people have
> "echo-mantra", and for them TM is especially easy to learn, because
> there certainly is absolutely no effort when they
> are meditating.

Just for the record, it was some months after I learned
to meditate that it began to be completely effortless.
I'm not sure what "echo-mantra" is, or whether I "have"
it even now, but I seriously doubt I "had" it when I
started.

Also, to clarify something: To this day, I don't
always have 100 percent effortless meditations all
the way through a meditation session by any means;
and as I've described elsewhere, I had a period of
some months awhile back in which meditation always
had some subtle effort.

What I'm contending is that only when TM is 100
percent effortless is one actually practicing TM.
So in a given session, I may be practicing TM only
for a portion of that session.

> That "automatic cycle" might be a slightly different
> thing, but I wouldn't say my meditation is like that. As I've told
> before, I sometimes even pay some attention to the final sound
> of my mantra, because my mother tongue doesn't have that sound
> *at the end of words*, excepting a couple of onomatopoetic words.

Have you consulted a TM teacher about this?