> On Mar 16, 2006, at 1:25 PM, defenders_of_bhakti wrote:
>
> > The Mantra comes by itself, it goes by itself,
> > and it returns by itself,once the awareness of no-mantra came by
> > itself.
>
> And this is linked to the idea of memory, smrti. Interestingly this
> same word, smrti, is also the Sanskrit word for mindfulness.

Sure, there is a memory of the mantra and the process, otherwise, how
could you come back to the mantra? But the memory is not continously
held. The whole process of the mantra getting refined is guided by
bhudi, the refined intellect/intuition - who distinguishes between
different levels of thought/mantra - automatically, i.e. without the
involvement of our mind (manas), which would be the agency of
interference or manipulation.