On Mar 24, 2006, at 10:24 AM, anon_astute_ff wrote:

> And while I am not saying it will happen, my point is that its quite a
> closed mind to say absolutely that it is outside the realm of
> possibilities that some decent number of the top 2-3% of society will
> be going to SV centers to learn TM.

It's also rather naive to think that the top 2-3% of society--
arguably the most sophisticated "shoppers" and consumers--would not
see through the 20,000+ USD it would take to get the TM technique
it's not-so-advanced TM "advanced techniques" and the TM$P. It would
not take a great deal of savy in the Spiritual Supermarket to know
that you could get a lot more for a lot less than what TM programs
cost--even if the prices were significantly reduced. Also the level
of spiritual naivete on 'things eastern' is much less than it was in
TM's hayday. It is likely the level of understanding will only
increase in the future, further lessening the palatability of 'be-all
and end-all' meditation techniques sold as a fast-track to
enlightenment.

And hasn't the main influx in Neo-Hindu meditation *already* shifted
to SSRS's empire--including the top 2-3%?