On Mar 24, 2006, at 11:04 AM, anon_astute_ff wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > On Mar 24, 2006, at 10:24 AM, anon_astute_ff wrote:
> >
> > > And while I am not saying it will happen, my point is that its
> quite a
> > > closed mind to say absolutely that it is outside the realm of
> > > possibilities that some decent number of the top 2-3% of
> society will
> > > be going to SV centers to learn TM.
> >
> > It's also rather naive to think that the top 2-3% of society--
> > arguably the most sophisticated "shoppers" and consumers--would not
> would take to get the TM technique
> > it's not-so-advanced TM "advanced techniques" and the TM$P. It would
> > not take a great deal of savy in the Spiritual Supermarket to know
> > that you could get a lot more for a lot less than what TM programs
> > cost--even if the prices were significantly reduced.
>
> Yes,, all the elite golfers in 10 years finally saw through the
> ridiculous pricing ofcountry clubs and are all flocking to public
> courses. And Nordstroms is closing in 2016 I hear, all the elites got
> wise and started shopping at walmart as they "saw through" the
> Nordstoms fluff. And the Four Seasons hotel chain is closing in 2016
> its doors. Those savy elites finally got it that they could get a bed
> at motel 6 for 1/10 the price.

This is not an analogous comparison: in each of the above instances,
when you pay more money, you get more. The "elite" know this and will
pay more, to get more. They are therefore unlikely to pay more for TM
to get less when they can get more--often much more--elsewhere for
their buck.

> > Also the level
> > of spiritual naivete on 'things eastern' is much less than it was in
> > TM's hayday. It is likely the level of understanding will only
> > increase in the future, further lessening the palatability of 'be-
> all
> > and end-all' meditation techniques sold as a fast-track to
> > enlightenment.
> >
> > And hasn't the main influx in Neo-Hindu meditation *already* shifted
> > to SSRS's empire--including the top 2-3%?
>
> And what pray tell does that have to do with the possibilities of a
> speculative though possible manifestation of a neo-TM in Years?

The market sector they are trying to "tap" will have have bought or
buy "elsewhere". Less market = less money.

> But I disagree with your assessment of AOL. Lots of elites I dont
> think want to sit on the floor in funky facilities and sing bajans, or
> go to courses and hug everyone while saying "I belong to you", or
> sleep in a room with a stranger -- at shared rooms or dorm room  only
> facilities.

Or the toxic mold of Livingston Manor? It would be interesting to
know what the occupancy rates are at the Raj--a facility which might
appeal to some elite who enjoy vacations in Iowa.

There's more than AOL out there. The Spiritual Supermarket has grown.