> > wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@>

> Many things that are investigated turn out to be insignificant.
> To say that an investigation legitimately creates confidence in
> wrongdoing is parallel to saying someone is automatically guilty
> because they are as suspect in an  investigation -- prior to
> indictment, prior to trial.

Except, of course, that I never said any such thing.
Like Barry and Shemp, you seem unable to hold a
discussion without putting words in other people's
mouths.

All I said was that there were anomalies significant
enough for there to be investigations *to see if there
had been* any wrongdoing, in response to your attempt
to pooh-pooh the idea that there had been any such
anomalies.

> > The person I was responding to above, and several
> > others--yourself included, earlier--have been** trying
> > to say there wasn't anything unusual about the stock
> > market activity prior to 9/11.
>
> Quite untrue.

Well, no, as noted, you've been pooh-poohing the whole
notion.

 Being a major respondent, I am quite open to the
> possibility that  there was statistically significant anomolies in
> the stock or options markets prior to 9/11. I have said so
> repeatededly.
> What we have asked for is some actual  data and analysis cites. All
> that has been provided are some articles citing some investigations
> and sucpicions, and several ambiguously defined "small trades."
> And the video, from where this discussion started, clearly sliced
> and diced the data.

I haven't seen the video, nor have I cited it as support
for anything I've said.

> Thus a call for the actual data and analysis to see
> upon what the claims of "unusual" are.

And as I've already pointed out, there's *enough*
information in the news reports for you to research
the anomalies.

> My whole point has simple been,
> that what "appears" unusual to the naive may be quite normal, aka
> within the main body of a normal distribution.

Which is why I pointed out that *experts*--not "the
naive"--considered the anomalies significant enough to
warrant investigations.

So what you have to show is that the experts were wrong.