> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anony_sleuth_ff <no_reply@>
> wrote:
<snip>

> > > That's nice, but I'd prefer to hear this from an
> > > organization not under the thumb of the administration.
> >
> > Beyond just declaring it is so, you will have to make an actual
> > case that SEC is under the administrations thumb, or that the
> > admin influenced the report, before using it as a credible
> > argument.

Since I wasn't using it as an argument, merely stating
my preference, I don't have to do anything.

But out of the kindness of my heart, for anyone who
has been living in a cave for the past several years:

http://www.citizen.org/pressroom/release.cfm?ID=1816

That's just a taste; there's plenty more along the
same lines.

<snip>
> > > And what about the $2.5 million gain that hadn't been
> > > claimed as of September 29, 2001?  Did anybody
> > > investigate that?  *Was* it claimed subsequently?
> > >
> > > (Can somebody explain to me how a trader could have
> > > made $2.5 million and nobody would know who it
> > > belonged to unless it was claimed?  I'm still wondering
> > > about who has the information on who traded what,
> > > and what it would take to pry it loose.)
> >
> > Can anyone explain how  someone can set up a brokerage account in
> > America without a named account?
> >
> > Can anyone explain to Judy that most investors and traders don't
> > close their accounts after each trade. They usually keep them
open
> > for many years, and often don't withdraw the proceeds of their
> > investments for decades.
>
> I don't need an explanation for any of this, thank
> you so much.  It's not what I was asking about.
>
> From the SF Chronicle, September 29, 2001 (posted before
> but apparently not read by you):
>
> Investors have yet to collect more than $2.5 million in profits
they
> made trading options in the stock of United Airlines before the
Sept.
> 11 terrorist attacks, according to a source familiar with the
trades
> and market data.
>
> The uncollected money raises suspicions that the investors -- whose
> identities and nationalities have not been made public -- had
advance
> knowledge of the strikes.
>
> "Usually, if someone has a windfall like that, you take the money
and
> run," said the source, who spoke on condition of
anonymity. "Whoever