> On Apr 4, 2006, at 7:02 PM, sparaig wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "uns_tressor" <uns_tressor@>
> > wrote:

> > > It will, Vaj; it will. It will help in the
> > > mastery of anything you set your mind to,
> > > whether this is an attempt to cut a plank
> > > of wood straight with a saw or tune a guitar
> > > on its harmonics. But you need an open mind
> > > and a freedom from bigotry. Could this be a
> > > problem for you?
> > > Uns.
> > >

> > Tuning a guitar by harmonics alone isn't the best way to tune it
> > unless
> > you've got one hell of an instrument. My $6000 Ramirez 10-string
needs
> > some tweaking after the first pass of tuning via harmonics.
>
> I take it you're pretty good to play a Ramirez.

Not really. Had a chance to visit spain while in the USAF and bought
one at that time (convluted story). The $6000 figure is the retail
price if you buy it without any discount here in the USA. Mine is 23
years old so I didn't pay near that much (not to mention I bought it
in Spain).

 I've always wanted
> one. Just met Sharon Isbin and was surprised she played a guitar
made
> in NYC! Of course now there are luthiers everywhere.

Some people believe that the best luthiers are now living in the USA,
butits always a matter of opinion when you get to that level. Segovia
switched luthiers several times in his career, IIRC.