> > See above.  You're just making excuses.
>
> No, I was assuming that people were learning because of
> recent news on the subject.

Faulty assumption, probably made because you have
a rather unhealthy reliance on science, taught to
you by the TMO.  :-)

> Why are people learning Buddhist meditation NOW,
> rather than 5 years ago, do you suppose or have
> the number of people starting remained constant?

Probably because they look around and see that most
of the people around them aren't happy and fulfilled.
And then they look at these Buddhist teachers, and
see that they are happy and fulfilled. Simple as that.

If the TMO had that going for them, they wouldn't
need all the bullshit science.