--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Good for him.  I think Chavez is the most interesting
> > national leader on the planet, which is why they'll
> > probably have him killed...
> >

> Good!
>
> Let Chavez sell all his oil to India.
>
> Liberals like Turquoise can cheer all they want.  What it will
mean
> in the longterm is that Americans' insatiable thirst for oil will
> require them going to Canada's tar sands and the U.S.'s shale oil
> reserves and tapping these more polluting sources of oil.
>
> Let's see whether America's world-leading environmental laws hold
up
> when Mommy and Daddy can't find gasoline for their SUVs...

List of top green countries revealed

An excerpt from an aricle at www.newscientist.com:

Finland is the world's most environmentally friendly country, and
North Korea is its least. The US is placed 45th out of 146 nations,
with Australia 13th and the UK 66th.

I don't know about "world-leading", shemp; if you came in 45th in
anything, would people consider you a leader?