> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>

> >In a message dated 4/28/06 4:38:00 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
> >[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> >

> >As it  should be: in this land of gas-guzzlers and SUV-drivers,
it
> >would be out  of place if Chevron DIDN'T see profits  soar.
> >
> >Good for them.
> >
> >Maybe they should be  rewarded, I see where Shell, who I think
merged with
> >Chevron, is going to  expand one of their refineries to be the
biggest in the
> >world.
> >

> >I hope they  build it near the shore so that when sea levels rise
20 feet due
> >to global  warming it will be inundated.
> >

> >It is, in Port Arthur Texas. Have a horse and buggy? When that
one goes
> >under so will most of the refineries. Can you grow your own food,
weave  your own
> >fabric, do without medicine?How far can you walk daily and how
much can  you
> >carry on that walk. Interstate commerce will cease and no trucks
will fill
> >your stores with goods you depend on. How do you heat your house?
> >
> Maybe you weren't born yet but in the late 1970's many of us in
the
> "counter culture" were into things like "Small is Beautiful" and
> survivalism (the non-right wing variety) and know how to do a lot
of the
> things you mention there.

Did you continue them and, if not, why?

Are you still living like that today?  Or, as I suspect, do you
drive a gas-consuming vehicle?

Which one, pray tell?

Remember: Chevron and Exxon don't consume the gasoline they are
producing for you.

>  Living in earthquake country you are supposed
> to be prepared for such things.   It's probably even good to have
> chemical toilet and cook stove you can use outdoors.  As for
medicine
> why do you think some of us studied ayurveda?   There are even
guides
> for herbs that grow in the west  that work similarly to Indian
herbs.  I
> go for a walk every day and during the 1970's jogged as far as 9
miles
> daily.
>
> And we could probably recycle a lot of plastic that isn't going to
> disappear anytime soon.  An EMF bomb would also put everyone back
to the
> dark ages unless you've got a some solar generators and tech
equipment
> (laptop, etc) stashed in a Faraday cage.  Though it wouldn't
surprise me
> if the metal casings on a lot of gear would block EMF.
>
> The American standard of living is bloated, consumes too much
resources
> and needs to "ground out."  This could have been done somewhat
> painlessly but that's apparently not what the right wing has in
mind.

Gee, I'd love to know what YOUR consumption habits are...