TorguoiseB writes: snipped
I sat there trying to not have as much fun with the
day as I knew I was capable of having, and then I
caught myself doing it.  The moment I did, I was
able to laugh at myself. And through my laughter,
I found my body saying "Yes."  Out loud.  Weirdest
damned thing.

Everything changed. Background flipflopped into
foreground and the witnessing, a moment before
unnoticed, moved front and center and reasserted
its Self again.  And all it took was getting to
"Yes."

I'm sure it'll pass...all things do...but it's
neat while it lasts. Life's cool sometimes, yes?

Tom T:
Very astute observations. Reminds me of Patanjali Chapter 3
Vs 54: Knowledge born of the finest discrimination takes us to the
farthest shore.
It is intuitive, omniscient and beyond all divisions of time and space.
Vs 55: And when the translucent intellect is as pure as the Self,
there is Enlightenment.

It is the Self knowing the Self but there is the working of the
intellect that makes the final and finest discrimination. As to the
cool stuff passing it is sometimes easier to think of it as
aclimination to what is going on. If we aclimate then we have
virtually no contrast and then the coolness is the ongoing day to day
reality. It is my experience that all this cool stuff just gets more
and more aclimated too and then we know it as our day to day everyday
life. Enjoy. Tom