markmeredith2002 wrote:

>--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>wrote:

>>on 5/2/06 9:58 AM, Rick Archer at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>

>>>From a friend:
>>>
>>>Hi Rick,
>>>
>>>It seems that people getting jyotish consultations
>>>from International are now being told they are in
>>>different dasas to their previoyus readings.  The
>>>reason given is that it is a new system for Sat Yuga.
>>>No-one gets to see the charts though so it is unknown
>>>what the system is.  Any of your friends know about
>>>it?
>>>
>>>Regards

>>A jyotish friend responded on the side:
>>
>>"the calculation is called shristi samvatsar and is based on a
>>calculation from the surya siddhanta.
>>

>The calculation is called "time for new improved product roll-out"
>since the old product is no longer selling.

Scam-yuga?  I'll have to look up that calculation.  Jyotishis often look
for all kinds of new rules when their predictions don't work out.  If
you look at predictions in the abstract they tend to be pretty good
indicators of what themes will be prevailing in your life.  But we seem
to have these fools that think dashas are black and white and your every
move can be determined from the horoscope.   I'm beginning to wonder if
the planets are nothing but markers anyway for some yet undiscovered
circadian rhythms.   The ancients merely used the positions of the
planets to track the cycles.