--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jyouells2000" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <jflanegi@>
wrote:

> > > --- authfriend wrote:
> > > >
> > <snip> > But that's the *game*, don't you see?  He acts
> > >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Gillam"
> > <jpgillam@> wrote:
> > <snip>
> > > Anyway, I think the Mahmoud Ahmadinejad letter
> > > should be given the L B treatment. Take it seriously
> > > and reply point by point. When Mahmoud condemns
> > > the September 11 attacks, thank him like a brother.
> > > When he snarkily denies the Holocaust, rake him
> > > over the coals. And keep at it over the years in
> > > a continued dialogue, as L B did.
> > >
> > As I mentioned earlier, I am responding as if I have found this
> > letter on the sidewalk. It is much easier for me to live my life
> > pretty much empty headed, until something occurs which I then
> > respond to. So the assumptions I could make about what is seen
or
> > unseen are not areas I am engaging in with regard to the
President
> > of Iran. I haven't followed him and focused on him enough to do
so.

> > Right now we face a very dangerous situation with an unhinged
group
> > of very mean spirited individuals in charge of this country.
Such a
> > situation calls for much attention on any opposing force that
may
> > make it more difficult for the evil [see "the banality of..."]
that
> > is active at the highest levels of our government to grow and
create
> > more of itself.
> >
> > So, in my opinion, and according to what I feel, its not about
> > geopolitical this or that, democrat or republican, Iran or US,
> > dictatorship vs theocracy vs democracy, in this case. It is a
hidden
> > war between darkness and light, being played out as we speak.
> >
> > The players' personalities although they are clearly manifest,
are
> > not the key here. They are just pawns one way or another in this
> > battle between light and darkness, having found their ways into
one
> > camp or the other.
> >
> > And in this battle between light and darkness, that which is
awake
> > within me will always favor the light, and hence I surrender my
> > thoughts and actions to that.
> >
> > So, coming full circle, when I read the President of Iran's
letter,
> > with its frequent mention of God and the Christian values and
Jesus,
> > I support it fully, possibly more than the author does, and see
it
> > as a positive development in bringing greater light into this
hidden
> > war, because it makes it harder for the force of evil to openly
> > act.
> >
> Does it make it harder for the force of evil to openly act? God is
> mentioned quite fervently just before heads are cut off and bombs
are
> set off.
>
> JohnY

All sorts of horrible things are done in the name of God and
religion. Oftentimes violence is just the inertial result of a
culture of violence that breeds upon itself. I am certainly not
making excuses for any sort of violence. I myself have never
advocated such a thing, nor participated in it.

What I am mentioning above is a very specific situation, that if
unchecked could lead to very great destruction. We must face the
greatest darkness first.

To your point about beheadings and suicide bombings, we have been
trained to react to those barbaric acts as somehow more wrong than
the official barbaric acts that our country formally perpetrates in
the context of "the war on terror". It serves those at the highest
levels of government well to foster such a message and reaction in
the population.

However I personally see no difference whether someone is
intentionally beheaded or blown up in a cafe vs. blown apart by a
bomb dropped on their village, or beheaded by shrapnel as a result
of a missile fired at their house or car. It all results in death
and suffering.

And to that point, it is estimated that ~100,000 Iraqi civilians
have now died in that war. I find it so twisted that we hear daily
about this and that suicide bombing in the news, and never one
single word about Iraqi civilians dying as a direct result of our
military actions.

Are we to believe that the US military has not killed a single one
of those 100,000 Iraqi civilians? Or that each of them didn't die a
death every bit as horrible as those killed by the suicide bombers?