--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- jim_flanegin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick
> > Gillam"
> > <jpgillam@> wrote:

> > pure
> > does it
> > CC/realization
> > Nothing
> > utterly
> > >
> > > Thus, cosmic consciousness does not depend upon
> > > purification, acculturation or anything we can do
> > > promote it? Is that a correct conclusion?
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > The *realization* of CC does not depend on the
> > things you mention.
> > However, the things you mention are necessary to
> > build the
> > foundation for CC, until CC is realized. Then it no
> > longer matters.
>
> I would add that the only change that can occur is in
> the relative. Thus all the techniques for
> "enlightenment" are actually misnomers. They are
> techniques that refine, purify, clarify relative
> aspects of mind that bring you to the doorstep of
> realization. The shift from a bound self to a
> non-localized Self is pure acausal grace that can not
> be enacted from the side of the bound mind.

Well said.

Another related aspect of this transformation that I had heard about
but didn't expect to deal with, has to do with the relationship
between the refinement, purification, and clarification of the mind
and the acausal grace that enacts the shift to non-localized Self.

In my experience, the further refinement and attunement of some
areas of the mind occur more gradually after the transformation to
non-localized Self. Tom T. has often shared a quote that I think
alludes to this.

This is the phenomenon I first heard explained as when we first move
from the hut where we have become accustomed to living, with its
penurious boundaries of self, into the palace, where everything and
anything is available of the Self, shadows and echoes of our former
way of living follow us there.

I have found myself sometimes acting and thinking in ways that are
appropriate to a bound existence, expecting difficulty ad suffering
when it is absolutely no longer necessary. Thankfully the contrast
shows up immediately and I am able to change behaviors almost
immediately as well, but it is kind of a strange thing.

Not only does my behavior mimic the patterns of illusion I was so
used to, I am able to see these illusions instantly, because that is
exactly what they are. Since there is no longer any knowledge
inherent in these echoes from the past, no desire manifests to keep
them alive, and they are then easily dispelled.