> On May 21, 2006, at 4:12 AM, sparaig wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Jason Spock <jedi_spock@>
> > wrote:
> > >

> > >       I beg your pardon.  I don't get it.
> > >
> > >       What I meant was did Dr. Domash was the first to put
> > forward the Unified field
> > theory of consciousness or was it Dr. Hagelin's brain-wave.??
> >
> > Domash, IIRC, suggested that the Maharishi Effect might have an N-
> > squared version, but
> > he didn't buy into MMY's ideas about Quantum Mechanics.
>
> Neither did Hagelin till he was told "make it work, or you're out of
> here". Interesting 'cause it may give an essential insight into how
> TM research is fudged: make it work or else you're out of here. The
> Furher Mahesh effect.
>
> Knowing this, how could anyone take TM research seriously?

Who told you this? John Hagelin's original contribution to Flipped SU(5) superstring theory
was an attempt to make it more Vedic. Once he did that, he discovered that making it
more Vedic made it a BETTER theory from a Western perspective. THAT would be what
convinced him, not that MMY insisted he try it.

Hagelin contacted John Ellis, Director of Research of CERN about  his initial Vedic-oriented
tweaks he had done to Flipped SU(5) and Ellis contacted Nanapolus, the originator of
Flipped SU(5) and the result was a "paper mill" that is legendary in modern physics. That is
the term used in Physics circles to describe their decade-long collaboration: it was a
"paper mill" that produced dozens of important papers on the subject.

In fact, there is a scientific term named to honor of them and another collaborator in many
of their papers. E.G.:

http://www.iop.org/EJ/abstract/0954-3899/24/12/014

Constraint on Ellis-Hagelin-Nanopoulos-Srednicki parameters from the solar neutrino
problem