On Jun 10, 2006, at 12:27 AM, new_morning_blank_slate wrote:

"Magical thinking,", myth, art, poetry, drama, literature, dreams, are

great things -- in the vast realms that science does not provide a

more effective, predicable, researched and validated set of models,

explanations and remedies / technologies.

We have discussed this a bit before in the realm of logic. Logic has

its realm. As does poetry. And I don't want a poet fixing the jet

engine in the plane I am going to fly in, but I would rather hear the

poet, rather have Neruda, not the mechanic, waxing on about love.

One thing that Sanskrit literature and philosophy teaches us is that each drishti or way-of-seeing is unique, and therefore each way-of-seeing has it's own unique, internal logic. These are relative to one another, but different. This is part of conventionality or the relative. Waking state's linear logic may appear different to dream state's logic, and waking state's way-of-seeing may see dreaming state's logic as "magical thinking". It would also see the way-of-seeing of Unity Consciousness the same way (as magical thinking). All these things really tell you is looking *across* different ways-of-seeing only shows that different ways-of-seeing are relative to one another.

Different beings, in different dimensions of existence will also experience the same phenomenon differently. A traditional example given would be of a river which a human would see as something to drink, fish would see as their home and gods would see as nectar (etc., etc.).