> No, not the sexual ones. :-)
>
> I was thinking more about the high profile students
> who have, one way or another, moved on. People like
> Chopra, Johnny Gray, Jerry Jarvis, SSRS, etc. My bet
> is that he probably never even brings up their names,
> and doesn't dwell on the subject if it's brought up
> by someone else. He certainly had no interest in talk-
> ing about the Beatles, when that subject came up
> recently.
>
> And if that's true, him acting this way, that strikes
> me as a pretty healthy thing. They were around, now
> they're not, big deal. Focus on the present.
>
> So if this is how he handles it, why is there such a
> lingering enmity on the part of many TMers towards
> these people. (I'm not imagining this, right?) Why
> not take a clue from your teacher and move on?

Because it is easier to think in black and white. BEcause you are either on the
only real
path, or off.  Most TB's I know don't spend time talking about these people -
they follow
MMY's example and ignore them.  But if they asked, they quickly and firmly sum
up the
person's failure or betrayal and then change the subject. The enmity is there,
but one does
not  dwell on negtive things.

Chopra and SSRS are particularly interesting, due to their success.  Kind of a
repeat of the
story told here recently of how Shankacharya Swaroopanand feels about MMY - a
student
taking the teacher's info and using it become a big spiritual deal.  A pretty
archetypal
story.

 I think that there is more detailed discussion and wondering here on FFL,
since many
people here are interested in and frightened by the process of gaining and
losing faith.
I don't think Jerry Jarvis has moved on, though, has he?  More like living his
life but
perhaps treading water re the TMO and waiting to be invited back in?