--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "markmeredith2002"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The options Judy lays out is that everyone must either accept MMY's
> claim that he is a "great rishi" and an authentic yogi and address
> him such or they're being disrepectful of him.

Nonsense.

There's a big difference between being respectful
by addressing or referring to someone by his/her
title, and accepting that person's claims to the
title.

<snip>
> I'm not sure this is a big deal or not.  The white house makes sure
> the media refer to bush's estate in texas as a "ranch" even though
> there's absolutely nothing ranchy going on there.

And every reporter addresses him as "Mr. President."
Do you really think every reporter who speaks to him
thinks he won the election legitimately?

> This is to
> reinforce his image as an average joe in the minds of the
> electorate.

>  These reinforcements can be subconsciously powerful.  I know some
> people who refuse to call MMY Maharishi because they feel it
> reinforces years of conditioning to see him that way, a way which
> doesn't fit their current understanding of him.

Oh, good grief.  Talk about being a slave to your
conditioning!

It makes sense not to call him Maharishi if you don't
think he deserves your respect.  But then, by definition,
you're being disrespectful.