Great story, Rick -- but I never had the feeling Mahesh was any more
omniscient than the average gyspy fortune teller who could read
people, like any sociopath. [See James Randi on cold reading.]

Sociopath, I should add, is not necessarily a pejorative term: it
simply indicates someone who has no sense of or possibly no respect
for someone else's sense of "boundaries" (among other things).
Certainly, we are all sufficiently familiar with the TM Nazi who
barges in assuming an ability to read minds and detect hidden
agendas. Mahesh could be much the same, but, of course, he had a
likable personality, or at least the ability to predent one.

> on 8/6/06 1:44 PM, gerbal88 at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com <mailto:FairfieldLife%
40yahoogroups.com>
> > , "curtisdeltablues"

> > Curtis, I do not remember if I repeated this incident here at FFL.
> > When Mahesh first asked me to do his letters, I started by reading
> > them to him. One of the first was from some guy who said he was
> > saying his mantra backwards and having visions of demons. He
actually
> > asked what to do!!!!!!
> >
> > Mahesh laughed and said it didn't matter, just to continue.
> >
> This reminds me of a story one of Amma¹s swamis told this summer.
He was
> reading her letters to her, and after reading 10 or so, he heard
her laugh
> and make a funny sound, so he looked up and saw that she was
reading a comic
> book. The funny noise was something that had been written in the
book. He
> said, ³hey, shouldn¹t you be paying attention to your mail?² She
then
> proceeded to tell him in detail what had been in the letters he had
read.
> Then, she told him in detail what was in the letters he hadn¹t
opened yet.
> Then he said, ³why do you bother having me read these if you
already know
> what¹s in them?² She answered that when people write them, they
expect her
> to read them, and would feel bad if she didn¹t.
>
> There was another cool ³omniscience² story that someone told me.
One of