In a message dated 8/19/06 6:31:29 P.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
"Silly red tape" is one of the lies the Republicans
have been pushing during the "debate." Nobody is
tied up in "silly red tape" by the FISA requirements.
The NSA is not inhibited from acting quickly on
incoming phone calls that are a matter of national
security.

So that argument is a total crock.
I put that "silly red tape" line in there just for you Spair. I knew it would get a rise out of you. Actually the courts will decide whether it is silly or not. The President and his legal advisors say there is enough wiggle room in the law that would allow him to bypass the warrants in time of war and national security. Phone calls can trickle in and then they can flood in at rate that it would be necessary to have a judge 24/7 on site. Quite frankly while you obviously don't trust Bush  to be tapping only terrorist threats, I personally don't trust a lot of federal judges and their sense of  judgement. We constantly see judges letting criminals off the hook that go out and kill somebody later. Do you really want a federal judge to determine whether Abdul Hafsomjammi  calling from Teheran is not a threat or not thus not allowing the NSA to tape his conversation or intercept more of his calls?